Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Question on new MCAT Scoring Scale.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by PomiliaAnthony13, Aug 6, 2015.

1. PomiliaAnthony13

Pre-Medical
    Sounds crazy; however, I was not informed on the new MCAT Scoring Scale until last night. I'm aware of the new changes, as far as curriculum, but I didn't know that they changed the way that they score the test as well.

Can someone please tell me how this new scoring works? Is 472 the lowest score with 528 being the highest?

I just don't understand the "curve" thing, I guess...

#1 PomiliaAnthony13, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. studentdocftw

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    It's exactly the same as before..with a bit more emphasis on 500 being where most applicants fall. Maybe a way of distinguishing the exceptional applicants and weeding out the poor? Idk...from what I've heard...it's a way to "deemphasize" the MCAT a bit...but IMO...adcoms are just going to treat it the same...maybe even convert to old MCAT scores...and be glued to the exceptional applicants.

4. nwts

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Is that your actual name included in your signature and username? If so, I would strongly advise that you delete your name from your signature and change your username. Regardless of what you say on SDN, it is always strongly recommended that you maintain some anonymity.

5. PomiliaAnthony13

Pre-Medical
    Okay. Thank you for clearing this up for me, studentdocftw.

#4 PomiliaAnthony13, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  6. nwts

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    As I said in my previous post, it does not matter what you are posting on SDN. No matter how little you have to hide, you are still strongly encouraged to remain anonymous by the moderators on this site. SDN is very different from Facebook in that there is absolutely no privacy. On Facebook, only your friends see what you post (unless you have extremely relaxed privacy settings). On SDN, there is no way to keep your posts from being publicly viewable. People do not even need to be members of SDN to view your posts.

Additionally, the terms you agreed to when you signed up for SDN state that you will not use your real name. See those terms here: http://www.studentdoctor.net/online-service-agreement/?reload=1&r=1438878787608