Question on pre reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pulse0021

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see that at all schools you need to get at least a C in your prereq classes. Well here is the problem at my school a C- is considered passing and you can go ahead onto the next class in the sequence, this is what happened to me in classes like Bio and Math. I figured I can go back and take those classes now well I can't because I have already completed a higher class in the sequence. I am going to see if there is a way that I can get past that, but I was just wondering if schools will not accept my prereqs because I didnt get a C in them? I have passed higher classes in bio that show I know what I am doing like I am taking neurobio now and have a solid B in it.

I really wish I knew what I do now when I started college. I was really hoping to get rid of a few C-'s on my GPA report.

Members don't see this ad.

I see that at all schools you need to get at least a C in your prereq classes. Well here is the problem at my school a C- is considered passing and you can go ahead onto the next class in the sequence, this is what happened to me in classes like Bio and Math. I figured I can go back and take those classes now well I can't because I have already completed a higher class in the sequence. I am going to see if there is a way that I can get past that, but I was just wondering if schools will not accept my prereqs because I didnt get a C in them? I have passed higher classes in bio that show I know what I am doing like I am taking neurobio now and have a solid B in it.

I really wish I knew what I do now when I started college. I was really hoping to get rid of a few C-'s on my GPA report.
It depends on the college's prereqs. If it was a lower div bio or math class you should be fine because most colleges ask in terms of units. For instance, 12 quarter hours of bio is typical for most schools and say you took 24 quarter hours of bio and got a C- in one and passed the rest , you still met the requirement. The exception to this is say there is a prereq of microbio, you can't use that towards the 12 quarter hours since it will fulfill microbio.

Your best bet is to call admissions and just ask them as they know what they need. Good luck

This happened to me too because I got a C- in Physics and Opt schools will NOT accepted it. (SCCO is the only one that doesn't look at - or + so they will). I had to retake physics at a community college because my college would not let me repeat a class with a C- for credit because they consider it passing. good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
This happened to me too because I got a C- in Physics and Opt schools will NOT accepted it. (SCCO is the only one that doesn't look at - or + so they will). I had to retake physics at a community college because my college would not let me repeat a class with a C- for credit because they consider it passing. good luck!

C- in physics and you are going into optometry? That's like going into pharmacy while getting a C- in organic chemistry. Sure you can do it but why suffer?

C- in physics and you are going into optometry? That's like going into pharmacy while getting a C- in organic chemistry. Sure you can do it but why suffer?

I never went to class except for the final :p

(when I retook it, I got an A)