Question on Re-Application Photo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UniSushi

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ya'll.

I am a reapplicant this year (last year unsuccessful, TMDSAS) and was wondering if I should update my application photo as well.

My look hasn't really changed since last year and I currently have a stye in my eye that's holding me from taking a new photo. I'd like to submit my app as soon as possible.

I've tried to search for answers but couldn't find any.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi ya'll.

I am a reapplicant this year (last year unsuccessful, TMDSAS) and was wondering if I should update my application photo as well.

My look hasn't really changed since last year and I currently have a stye in my eye that's holding me from taking a new photo. I'd like to submit my app as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Don't think it would really matter much if you didn't update it

Hi ya'll.

Thank you!

Depends on the quality of your previous photo. Clean, semi-professional headshot? Keep. Wedding bathroom selfie? Replace.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am so over the bathroom selfies, the selfie while driving, the wedding photo cut-out, the cross-table date shot and especially the one with starving children.
Oh, and let's not forget the photo you didn't pay for. Nothing says professional like SAMPLE stamped across the face!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 users
I am so over the bathroom selfies, the selfie while driving, the wedding photo cut-out, the cross-table date shot and especially the one with starving children.
Oh, and let's not forget the photo you didn't pay for. Nothing says professional like SAMPLE stamped across the face!

This process is expensive!

Reactions: 1 user
I swear, do UCD or Western get these types of lunatics for interviewees??? WHAT is it about your school???????

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you all for responding. The photo was a professional, single-subject (me) portrait :snaphappy:with a suit & tie. I've decided to use a different, yet professional photo from the same set taken last year. I had forgotten I had several to choose from.

Thank you all for responding. The photo was a professional, single-subject (me) portrait :snaphappy:with a suit & tie. I've decided to use a different, yet professional photo from the same set taken last year. I had forgotten I had several to choose from.

I know suit jacket is recommended but can white lab coat be acceptable (along with white shirt and dark tie) for men? Thanks.

Last edited:
I know suit jacket is recommended but can white lab coat be acceptable (along white shirt and dark tie) for men? Thanks.
No!
Even if you are already a physician(somewhere), don't do it.
This is a tone-deaf move.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users