Question on Secondaries- Getting invites before Med schools actually receive app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MzzLLX

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am a little confused on how secondaries work. I thought the way the process goes is after submitting your primaries, you wait for verification (4-6 weeks). Then once your primary is processed it goes to all the medical schools you listed and once they actually receive your primary, the private schools will automatically send you an invite to do secondaries.
My primary app has not even been verified yet, but I've gotten emails from washington U and pritzker. Is this something that med schools are doing that is relatively new? Sending out secondaries based on notification alone that you are applying there?....

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,
I am a little confused on how secondaries work. I thought the way the process goes is after submitting your primaries, you wait for verification (4-6 weeks). Then once your primary is processed it goes to all the medical schools you listed and once they actually receive your primary, the private schools will automatically send you an invite to do secondaries.
My primary app has not even been verified yet, but I've gotten emails from washington U and pritzker. Is this something that med schools are doing that is relatively new? Sending out secondaries based on notification alone that you are applying there?....
no it happens all the time. As long as they know you are applying they will send.

Three threads have been created about this in the last 24 hours, all with the same response. Please, please use the search feature.

FWIW, Elijah is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.