Question on timeline for Ireland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shaco007

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Im finishing up my medical studies in Romania and will receive my medical degree this September (about 15th), with a Canadian citizenship. Upon beginning to do some research into Ireland, i found out that the deadline for handing in applications for internship/residency is June-July (correct me if im wrong please) which would mean i would have to wait 9 months to begin my residency, which I dont want.

I'm in a situation where I can go to Scotland/Sweden/Germany if its the only way i start sooner. But Ireland is my #1 choice! My questions are:

1) Is there a later start date for the internship training in Ireland/Scotland? Or will i make it if i send my papers after mid-September?

2) If the answer to #1 is no, for Sweden/Germany is there a negotiable start date which fits right after September?

3) For anyone here reading this who is doing their internship/training in Ireland/Scotland - do you have any information for how many 'non-EU students graduating from an EU-accredited school' made it and what my chances are?

The help is so greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, I'm currently in the exact same position as you. I have all of these questions, but I cannot find any answers. I know you posted this last year. Please let me know if you have more information.

The application for the Irish internship is closing this week. I want to know where I should bother applying? What are my chances of acceptance as a non-EU citizen who is graduating from an EU uni.