Question on why no committee letter?

Started by stormking
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stormking

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i came across this question on "if you are not submitting a committee letter, please explain." Will it look terribly bad if the truth is my undergrad pre-med advisor no longer has my file and cannot acknowledge me as part of the school because it has been almost 9 years since i graduated??
 
“I am a non-traditional student and am 9 years out from when I graduated.”
While you are here can I also ask another off topic question lol? I see another 2nd question that I have to write about my impact experience on under served or under resources community. Do you think me serving dinner in a juvenile detention center counts as one? I really don't have that kind of experience other than that...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
While you are here can I also ask another off topic question lol? I see another 2nd question that I have to write about my impact experience on under served or under resources community. Do you think me serving dinner in a juvenile detention center counts as one? I really don't have that kind of experience other than that...
That sounds like the best bet if that's as close to serving a true underserved local community you have. A good way to get involved is to go to your local churches (even if non-religious) or talk to some local community centers. They can probably point you in the right direction.