Question regarding LORs after completing an SMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Voyager

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Not sure if i'm posting in the right section of the forum, so please forgive me for the possible spam.
After completing a special master's program, how would one go about applying to medical schools in regards to letter's of recommendation. Would it still be mandatory or the expected thing to do, to get a committee letter from one's original undergraduate institution, or can one just get all their LORs from the institute the SMP was completed in.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Not sure if i'm posting in the right section of the forum, so please forgive me for the possible spam.
After completing a special master's program, how would one go about applying to medical schools in regards to letter's of recommendation. Would it still be mandatory or the expected thing to do, to get a committee letter from one's original undergraduate institution, or can one just get all their LORs from the institute the SMP was completed in.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
It depends on where you apply, look at specific reqs for each as you would hate to miss out on ur top choice over a simple requirement. Some schools request profs from req sciences or committee some don't. Most I applied to just wanted 2 sci and 1 nonsci or committee.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk