Question Regarding Setting Up Pages/Erasing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spdental

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys a few quick questions that have been lingering,

1) If you set up your boards during the instructor period, do you only have one page to work through all of gen chem and o-chem? I tend to write a lot when I take my tests (make sure I don't have any errors) and I'm worried about running out of room with one page. I understand I can raise my hand and get a new one but I'm trying to avoid that.

2) Can I get new pages at my break and then set up my numbers for RC during break? Or should I just set it all up on one page in the beginning (PAT one side, reading the other) and then keep that page throughout. Can I exchange just one page during my break then for QR?

3) Are the pens thin?

4) Has anyone tried wearing a long sleeve shirt and using spit to erase?

Hopefully someone can give me some insight on this. It would help a lot. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

1a) You get both sides of the laminated sheet to work with.
1b) I was explicitly told I was not allowed to write during the tutorial, so I was fortunate to finish my natural science with about 8 minutes left to prepare for PAT.

2) Yes, and you should get new pages and sharpies during the break. Make sure to leave some room for QR.

3) No pens, two sharpies. Mine were somewhat thick but I didn't find it to be a problem. Only minor issue was that the sharpies, if uncapped for too long, started to fade. Kind of annoying, but wasn't going to throw me off during the test.

4) Just use your finger for small mistakes. You shouldn't feel the need to erase everything. Raise your hand to get new sheets at that point.

I was given two laminated pages and two thin pointed sharpies ( I suggest switching them out with the pages as they give it). I set up a page for the hole punches during the tutorial. I got new pages during my break as I didn't want to risk wasting time for them to bring me new ones. I was also wiping the pages with my fingers but it would smear real bad.

I don't know if there are differences among the testing centers, but there was a tissue box sitting at the woman's desk who fingerprinted us on the way in and I asked if I could have one. She said I could take two in at a time if I put them in plain view at my station and threw them away obviously on my way out. So I just used that to erase when needed; I didn't really need to use them much, since they gave two double-sided laminated sheets and I only needed the grid side of one of them for PAT and had all the other space for chem and QR