Question regarding U of Cincinnati secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CancerKiller007

Resident
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am working on my U of Cincinnati secondary. I was a bit confused about their prompt. I am applying for MD/PhD program. They are asking a few questions which are verbatim AMCAS

1) Describe your research experiences
2) Awards and honors
3) Tell us about your research projects (which will not only be redundant to AMCAS but also the question 1) :laugh:
4) Why MD PhD (also from AMCAS)

Any insight? Should I repeat my AMCAS statement either verbatim or in round about way? Should I just expound on my statement? Thanks guys.

One more thing: they also ask for "are there any mitigating circumstances?" I am not 100% what they mean and what I can include there?

Members don't see this ad.

I am working on my U of Cincinnati secondary. I was a bit confused about their prompt. I am applying for MD/PhD program. They are asking a few questions which are verbatim AMCAS

1) Describe your research experiences
2) Awards and honors
3) Tell us about your research projects (which will not only be redundant to AMCAS but also the question 1) :laugh:
4) Why MD PhD (also from AMCAS)

Any insight? Should I repeat my AMCAS statement either verbatim or in round about way? Should I just expound on my statement? Thanks guys.

One more thing: they also ask for "are there any mitigating circumstances?" I am not 100% what they mean and what I can include there?
I say expand on your AMCAs Ps, they dont want just a repeat or a watered down version, they are looking for more info.

As far as mitigating circumstances, I think they are looking to see if you have overcome any exceptional hardships in your life. Working your way through college, going to an inner city school faced with drugs and violence, etc.

Thanks CC. You are a trigger happy man (or woman). Anyone else?