Question About Updating Schools Regarding Conference Abstract

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueonion28

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just found out this morning that my abstract has been accepted to an international conference (the abstract is being published in the proceedings). Because I am also the first author on this abstract, I wanted to let medical schools know about the status of the abstract. I did not include information about the abstract in my AMCAS/TMDSAS primary application since I hadn't submitted it then. What is the best way to update schools? I know that some schools give you the opportunity to upload updates regarding your application, so should I just upload a quick update there?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Use the secondary portal (which usually should detail whether they accept updates), but wait. It is too early to submit one. This is better to have in your back pocket for a couple months from now once they actually have marked your app as complete and potentially looked at it.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for all of the replies! I will submit an update letter including this information to medical schools after the conference in October.

Reactions: 1 users