B

BlackPuma

vimentin is a marker of what? it says mesenchymal, but the answer choices were adenocarinoma, fibro something, prostate, melanoma, and something else...does anyoene know

B

Blade28

I agree, use the web. A quick search on Yahoo! using the keyword "vimentin" reveals this as the first hit:

"Vimentin is of limited value as a diagnostic tool; however, when used in combination with other antibodies (in panels) it is useful for the subclassification of a given tumor. Expression of vimentin, when used in conjunction with keratin, is helpful when distinguishing melanomas from undifferentiated carcinomas and large cell lymphomas."

(from http://www.cellmarque.com/2000/Pages/catalog/vim.html)

B

BlackPuma

Blade28 said:
I agree, use the web. A quick search on Yahoo! using the keyword "vimentin" reveals this as the first hit:

"Vimentin is of limited value as a diagnostic tool; however, when used in combination with other antibodies (in panels) it is useful for the subclassification of a given tumor. Expression of vimentin, when used in conjunction with keratin, is helpful when distinguishing melanomas from undifferentiated carcinomas and large cell lymphomas."

(from http://www.cellmarque.com/2000/Pages/catalog/vim.html)

no I disagree with using the web, when I did a search on it, I got all kinds of responses..

the best marker for melanoma is S-100, and the question had Vimentin alone not with keratin......so I don't think melanoma was the answer....although now that I think of it...lymphoma might have been one of the options...

hmmm....vimentin wasn't in BRS...but a couple of sources mentioned it is a marker for mesenchmyal origin...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.