question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrFeelgoodMD

below is a TRUE avatar...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read that DOs do not receive training in teaching hospitals...is this true??

J

Members don't see this ad.

You were misinformed.

Members don't see this ad :)
UVMTrifecta said:

J

It depends on the school. OSU-COM and KCOM, for example, have on campus teaching hospitals.

What is the definition of a teaching hospital? Having med students rotating through doesn't count? Must it have a residency program? What if they only have a family practice residency but no other residency programs -- still a teaching hospital? Do nursing or paramedicine programs count towards the "teaching" designation? Seriously, what are the criteria for being able to say, "It's a teaching hospital."?

I would say having residency programs makes it a teaching hospital since doctors are learning there, and simultaneously teaching med students. If the hospital only has a family practice residency then it may be a teaching hospital for those interested in family practice but not for the majority so no.

UVMTrifecta said:

J

We don't learn medicine in hospitals. We have to watch TV show's like HOUSE, ER and SCRUBS to learn how to be a doctor. I missed this weeks ER can anyone fill me in in case we have a POP quiz tomorrow? :eek:

We don't get FOX or NBC at our house, and don't have cable either. Did Scrubs get canceled or something? :confused:

mj1878 said:
We don't get FOX or NBC at our house, and don't have cable either. Did Scrubs get canceled or something? :confused:

Where do you live?

mj1878 said:

Its not cancelled. They are starting the fifth season in january... :) :thumbup: :love: