Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GeauxTigers

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This question may have already been addressed elsewhere in this forum, but I couldn't find it. Anyway, we all get our scores with a corresponding percentile.

My score report read:

TS 19 (78.3%)
AA 19 (76.4%)
PA 19 (78.6%)

It would make intuitive sense to me that these percentages would have to change every time someone took the DAT.

Does anyone know if this true? If so, then how do you know what percentile you're really in? And, what are the admission committees looking at if it different than what's on your score report?

Members don't see this ad.

i'm not sure how it works exactly either. i took my dat last sept ('05) and here are my percentiles...

PA=18=66.8
TS=19=78.3
AA=19=76.4

btw...i'm def retaking.

lovechild404 said:
i'm not sure how it works exactly either. i took my dat last sept ('05) and here are my percentiles...

PA=18=66.8
TS=19=78.3
AA=19=76.4

btw...i'm def retaking.
just out of curiousity why are you retaking?

scores like that will not get you accepted considering how competitive the application pool is like. granted, if you have a 3.6+ gpa with an 18/19, then you're set. but for me, that's definitely not the case.

Members don't see this ad :)
lovechild404 said:
scores like that will not get you accepted considering how competitive the application pool is like. granted, if you have a 3.6+ gpa with an 18/19, then you're set. but for me, that's definitely not the case.
i think it depends where you wanna go. I have friends who got into tufts and nyu with scores like that and had around 3.3 gpass

I think that the schools just get the number, not the percentile. For instance, they will see you got a 19 TS, but not that it was the 78.3%. If you are going to retake, then shoot for 20s. I know that AA and TS that are 20 are in the 90% and a PAT of 19 is 91%. I think there is a huge jump from 19 to 20, so that is reflected in the percentile change.

EmanUT said:
I think that the schools just get the number, not the percentile. For instance, they will see you got a 19 TS, but not that it was the 78.3%. If you are going to retake, then shoot for 20s. I know that AA and TS that are 20 are in the 90% and a PAT of 19 is 91%. I think there is a huge jump from 19 to 20, so that is reflected in the percentile change.

My 19 on PAT was ony 78% something~