Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phdhopefull

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting on a few schools to give their responses (However at this point chances are looking slim). I interviewed at Adelphi and will find out Monday but was accepted into Columbia's Masters program.
What I wanted to ask was whether or not I should go with Adelphi or Columbia and then apply again next year.

I know Adelphi is not ranked well, but it does provide excellent clinical training. I do want to do research but I want the majority of my career to be as a clinician. I just wanted to see if anyone had some thought on what they would do.

Members don't see this ad.

First off, don't give up until you hear from every school. I got accepted into my top choice last year the last day of March.
Anyway, is Adelphi for a PhD versus Columbia for masters? If you liked the program at Adelphi and could see yourself there for the next 5+ years than by no means should you let it's rating get to you. These ratings are based on a bunch of things and possibly because it is more clinical focus, less research literature comes out of the program and this hurts the rating.

Columbia's masters program is acceptable if this is your only option, I would definitely say getting this degree under your belt will only help you but it is a very research oriented program there so it may not necessarily help you out in the long run in terms of interviewing at the more clinically based schools.

Good Luck