Questions about Baylor....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Paranoid Android

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm just trying to plan my trip out to Baylor toward the end of the month and I just have a few questions (some of which are probably obvious).

Is the Baylor College of Medicine within walking distance of Texas Medical Center? (to determine if the hotel shuttles to TMC will be sufficient transportation.)

Any suggestions as to where to stay while in Houston? There were advertisements for a few different hotels included in the invitation letter, most of which have a shuttle to TMC.

Also, any thoughts on transportation to/from the airport. I'm flying into IAH. Is the Airport Express shuttle to Harvey Suites the best way to go? I think it's like $17 and takes an hour or something like that.

Thanks for your help!

Life is waiting for you.... -Raine Maida, Our Lady Peace

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently an MS-1 at Baylor, so I'll take a stab at some of your questions.

Baylor is in the Texas Medical Center. As in, Baylor and Texas Medical Center are one (there are other components like UT-Houston and the other allied health schools, but you get my point).

Mariott is extremely close as is Crowne Plaza. Basically any of the hotels that say they are in the Medical Center and offer shuttle service should be fine.

The express shuttle is probably the best way to go. IAH is about 45 minutes from the medical center, so an hour isn't bad.

I know they are trying to set up the student host program right now as well. I'm guessing you're coming the weekend of the 20th? I know there are some problems with that weekend in terms of not enough student hosts, mostly because that's the end of the block 1 exams for the MS-1's, so we have a long weekend, but call the admissions office and ask about the host program if you are interested -- they've been pleading to find more hosts to pick up the slack.

Feel free to private message or email me if you have more questions about your interview and good luck! If I end up being around that weekend, maybe I'll even be your tour guide...

Hey Android,

When is your interview? Mine is on 7/21. Maybe I'll see you there.

I live in Houston (SE side) so travel isn't really a problem. I'm planning to stay in a hotel by the med center on Friday night though. I don't know which one yet. Let me know if you find a good deal!

Lilycat- You ROCK! Thanks for all your help. I'll definitely send you a private message when I think of all the questions I want to ask.

Space- Yep, I'm going to be there on Sept. 20 & 21. I haven't made hotel reservations yet, but I'll let you know if I find anything noteworthy. Good luck and I hope to see you there.....

Colby