Questions about honors program and national honor society

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hs2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does being part of my university's honors program and being part of National Alpha Lambda Delta honor society really make that much of an impact on my application? I'm thinking of joining them but want to know if it's worth it for my application.

Members don't see this ad.

I was a part of both my university's honors program as well as ALD. To be honest, I have no idea if they helped. I never really did anything with ALD so I doubt that really meant much, but the honors program I believe can be beneficial depending on what it means to your school. For example, I was able to take many "honors classes" with smaller class sizes, more strenuous, difficult, and engaging topics and professors, etc. Also, I'm sure having honors next to some of your classes on the AADSAS application can't hurt.

Unless it is something you will actually be involved with, these sorts of societies don't help your application. They're just fluff... they want quality over quantity. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does being part of my university's honors program and being part of National Alpha Lambda Delta honor society really make that much of an impact on my application? I'm thinking of joining them but want to know if it's worth it for my application.
Having "Additional Notes: Honors" next to some of your class wouldn't hurt. As far as the society goes, it just depends on what EC's you participate in with the society.