questions about nsu interviews (how long does it take?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vanip

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone knew how long the turn around time is to hear about a possible interview from nsu. i thought i had read something in another thread that said that the adcom looks at the files on wednesdays? or maybe im mistaken. anyways, i am just wondering when they decide and how you all found out about interviews. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

The adcoms (admission committee) meets every other wednesday....to decide who gets accepted ...and that following friday is when they call the students about the result of their interview...I dont think anyone knows exactly how they select who interviews tho..

They can call you on the following week since it depends where in the cycle of the two weeks you are interviewed. I was notified the Monday after and so were many in my group. Celestine told our group when to expect the calls. I am sure you could e-mail or call and they would tell you when they will notify.

Members don't see this ad :)
vanip said:
i was wondering if anyone knew how long the turn around time is to hear about a possible interview from nsu. i thought i had read something in another thread that said that the adcom looks at the files on wednesdays? or maybe im mistaken. anyways, i am just wondering when they decide and how you all found out about interviews. thanks

It all depends on how backed up the adcoms are right now, the break coming up and all. Usually NSU's turn-around time for interview invites is quick, but be patient. I know it's easier said than done, but I could imagine adcoms in general are very busy this point in the application cycle. Best of luck to you :)

vanip said:

Despite the fact that they may be backed up with application (esp. nearing break) the turnaround time is still amazing in contrast to other places. I interviewed on Friday NOv 11th, went to adcom on the following wed....don;t sweat it you should be hearing from them in no time