Questions About PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adrop

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My test is in about a week and I am freaking out about the PAT since I am not doing good in that section at all. I always run out of time and find myself racing against the clock the whole time. I bought CDP to help me out in that section and that only destroyed any confidence I had.
I know this is a question that is asked a million times but bare with me. I am averaged 16-18 on CDP and achiever, which is terrible. But I took 2 tests on Topscore and got 22s, which was very shocking but it was probably because I thought it was really easy (especially whole punching). Is this normal?

Is the actual DAT as crazy as CDP and achiever or more like topscore? (I know the angles are just out there on the real test but how about the other sections)

Members don't see this ad.

My test is in about a week and I am freaking out about the PAT since I am not doing good in that section at all. I always run out of time and find myself racing against the clock the whole time. I bought CDP to help me out in that section and that only destroyed any confidence I had.
I know this is a question that is asked a million times but bare with me. I am averaged 16-18 on CDP and achiever, which is terrible. But I took 2 tests on Topscore and got 22s, which was very shocking but it was probably because I thought it was really easy (especially whole punching). Is this normal?

Is the actual DAT as crazy as CDP and achiever or more like topscore? (I know the angles are just out there on the real test but how about the other sections)

Depends on various sections of PAT. For example, IMO, CDP's Keyhole and TFB sections are easier compared to the real test; whereas, that of TopScore tend to be more representative of the real exam. Then comes the angles. CDP's angles are very similar to what you'll see on the real exam; whereas, TopScore's angles are somewhat easy. Cube counting tend to be very basic, when it comes to the real test. CDP's holepunching is very similar to that of the real DAT; whereas, TopScore's holepunching is a joke compared to the real thing. DAT's pattern folding is slightly more challenging than what you see in CDP and TopScore. Overall, I'd say you're more likely to find the PAT section of the real DAT more challenging than both CDP and TopScore (Of course, this depends on which version of the test you get). Nevertheless, if you haven't scored 19+ on any of CDP tests, I suggest you take some more time to practice, or else you might end up with a low PAT score on your DAT. Considering the fact that PAT is one of your important individual scores, I wouldn't want to end up with anything below 18 if I were you.

Good Luck:thumbup:

Thanks for your input. I only ordered the 5 tests for CDP so I think I'm going to order the rest and just work on improving my PAT until I can't see anything around me without thinking how I can fit it through a hole and figure out its TFE.