Questions about sending additional LOR after Secondaries submitted - Interfolio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

openstage

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

So I fulfilled all the basic requirements for the 20+ schools I've completed secondary applications for -t ranscript, MCAT, CASPer, LOR's etc. I just received an additional letter from my summer research PI that would be highly beneficial.

Two questions:

1. How do I go about linking this letter to my existing Primary App through AMCAS?
2. Would adding a letter at this point present a delay in my Secondary Apps consideration Is there any potential downside to this?
3. My previous letters were compiled by my PreHealth advisor and turned into a committee letter for the AMCAS app. Do I have to go this route again? Because I prefer not to sit on this until school is back in session.
4. Do I need to pay for a subscription to Interfolio to get the letter transferred over to AMCAS?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Follow up question.

4. Do I need to pay for a subscription to Interfolio to get the letter transferred over to AMCAS?

So just to be clear, if you application is complete with a committee letter, you are now asking that they remove the application from complete status, return to evaluation, add this letter, then mark complete where it could be put at the bottom of the pile.

Yes I understand. However this would be my best letter, very positive, from a nationally known physician and researcher at a top tier institution (similar to John Hopkins etc). I'm hoping the benefits outweigh the delay.... Are you saying I would need to be re-verified, just to add this letter?