Questions about step 2 CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angellight

Medical student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about taking step 2 CK after I finish my Internal medicine rotation and I have some questions and I need your help.first of all I have a stupid question how to read the score I see it is three digit/two digit and I already found it is pass/fail does that mean if you left a question without answer it will not enter in your score?

Members don't see this ad.

no answer = wrong
2CK is not pass fail
2CS is pass fail
a 2 digit score represents multiple 3 digit scores (something to do with standard deviations)

thanks.and by the way is there ophthalmology or ENT questions?

Yeah, every field of medicine is covered to some extent, including ENT, ophtho, ortho, urology, etc. You say that you're considering taking the CK after finishing your IM rotation. If that's the only rotation you'll have completed before the CK, then you're going to be in for a world of hurt. IM and IM subspecialities are less than half of the exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am almost finished all my rotations and the IM is the last one :) but my biggest mistake was that I didnt do the step 1 exam :( The ENT and Ophthalmology were my first rotations so I dont know if I am going to have time to study them again is there any good lecture notes for them?