Questions About WesternU's Podiatric Medicine Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello,

I took a tour of WesternU this past Tuesday and believe this is the school I would like to attend in the next couple years (once I get the pre-reqs out of the way). However, I do know that the Council on Podiatric Medical Education (CPME) has still not granted full accrediation, should I be worried about it?

Thanks

I agree with No Stress. That was one of my initial concerns while applying to schools. But really, once I saw all their other programs that have already received accreditation (DMD, D.O., Vet, PT. etc), I decided the podiatry program will be just fine. You will get a better feel for accreditation when you apply after your pre-reqs are done, so that is a plus really. When do you think you will apply??:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Ill be applying in about a year to 2 years. I still need to take the pre-reqs, but dont want to rush it. I am however going to start shadowing a podiatrist down here in Southern California on the 28th of November. I AM VERY EXCITED! It took 5 years of undergraduate school to FINALLY find out what I want to do in life. Are you going to be applying to WesternU in the future as well?

Last edited:
Ill be applying in about a year to 2 years. I still need to take the pre-reqs, but dont want to rush it. I am however going to start shadowing a podiatrist down here in Southern California on the 28th of November. I AM VERY EXCITED! It took 5 years of undergraduate school to FINALLY find out what I want to do in life. Are you going to be applying to WesternU in the future as well?

Good luck with everything! I've been accepted to attend WesternU in the fall of 2012, and so has Glifferth, if I'm not mistaken. :) I'm very excited myself. Shadowing definitely solidified my decision.

Let us know how it goes!

I was in the same boat as you! I earned my degree and worked for a year and a half before even discovering podiatry! So good luck with the pre reqs! I would pick up an MCAT review book (I recommend examkrackers) and start studying now as you take the classes.

Good luck with everything! I've been accepted to attend WesternU in the fall of 2012, and so has Glifferth, if I'm not mistaken. :) I'm very excited myself. Shadowing definitely solidified my decision.

Yup! I can't wait to start in August No Stress!