questions I need help with

Started by Miona
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Miona

Miona
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm confused with the ADH synthesized site, the right answer shown is "cells of the posterior hypophysis", but I think the "hyposhalamic nuclei" is right. The FA said ADH is synthesized in supraoptic nuclei of hypothalamus and stored in posterior pituitary. Is the "hypophysis" the same with "pituitary"? Can anyone tell me is the answer book wrong or me?
 
I'm confused with the ADH synthesized site, the right answer shown is "cells of the posterior hypophysis", but I think the "hyposhalamic nuclei" is right. The FA said ADH is synthesized in supraoptic nuclei of hypothalamus and stored in posterior pituitary. Is the "hypophysis" the same with "pituitary"? Can anyone tell me is the answer book wrong or me?

ADH is synthesized as a preprohormone (inactive precursor of ADH) in the hypothalamus, but it is stored in and secreted from the posterior pituitary (hypophysis) in its biologically active form.