questions NBDE 1 ?? please answer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1.during which phase blood flow to left coronary artery greatest

-late systole
-early systole
-late diastole
-early diastole- ans

2.a patient has a bad vision and brain stroke , which part of brain is affected?

3.Fluorodeoxyuridine inhibits?

4.ARDS could be caused by herione ?

5.Patient get a full denture and come back after few days with burning over the anterior region What is the resaon for the burning?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

-late systole
-early systole
-late diastole
-early diastole-

2.a patient has a bad vision and brain stroke , which part of brain is affected?
occipital part of the brain is affected

4.ARDS could be caused by herione ?- yes

5.Patient get a full denture and come back after few days with burning over the anterior region What is the resaon for the burning

compression of the nasopalatine nerves leads to burning under the maxillary denture and mental nerve in mandibular denture
correct me if wrong

-late systole
-early systole
-late diastole(ans)
-early diastole-

anterior 2/3rd of brain...explaination: internal carotid artery supplies anterior 2/3rd of brain(circle of villis concept)

internal carotid artery.....middle cerebral artery which is a branch of internal carotid artery is involved in stroke, opthalmic artery which is a branch of int carotid exits thru optic canal is involved is related to vision .

inhibits DNA synthesis.it is a antineoplastic drug used in cancer therapy.

4.ARDS could be caused by herione ?
NO

5.Patient get a full denture and come back after few days with burning over the anterior region What is the resaon for the burning?

-late systole
-early systole
-late diastole
-early diastole-

occipital part of the brain is affected

4.ARDS could be caused by herione ?- yes

5.Patient get a full denture and come back after few days with burning over the anterior region What is the resaon for the burning

compression of the nasopalatine nerves leads to burning under the maxillary denture and mental nerve in mandibular denture
correct me if wrong

:thumbup:
Fluorodeoxyuridine inhibits DNA synthesis
heroine overdose may lead to ARDS

Members don't see this ad :)
need help for this question

primary recognition of beta estradiol by its target cell depends upon the binding of the hormone to a specific

1.nuclear receptor
2.cytoplasmic receptor
3.adenylate cyclase
4 cell membrane receptor

primary recognition of beta estradiol by its target cell depends upon the binding of the hormone to a specific

1.nuclear receptor
2.cytoplasmic receptor
3.adenylate cyclase
4 cell membrane receptor

Oops, I saw the other thread first.
estradiol, or let's say estrogen, has two receptors. One of them is the GRP30 (I hope I spelled it correctly) which is a G-protein coupled receptor in the cell membrane. The other is a nuclear receptor. The G-protein pathway is obviously faster, because it initiates a cascade of events by the help of adenylate cyclase (which is not a receptor), while the stimulation of nuclear receptor acts as a transcription factor which initiates transcription, then you have translation, protein modification, etc (notice how long it takes just to read it?). So basically the G-pro pathway is much faster, and I guess this is what the question means by "Primary recognition". Where did you get this question from (if I may ask)?

1.nuclear receptor
2.cytoplasmic receptor :thumbup:
3.adenylate cyclase
4 cell membrane receptor

It's in one of the old released papers. answer is cytoplasmic receptor , positive!