Questions on secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RB93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since this is the first day that information is transmitted to medical schools, has anyone gotten email correspondence from schools on secondaries yet? (especially for the schools that give secondaries to everyone)? I know some are already available at the schools' websites, but I was just wondering if anyone had gotten emails yet.

Also, for secondary questions that are fairly generic (i.e. what strengths/diversity you bring, activities since college, ethical dilemma), does anyone know if you are supposed to still make specific references to the school and try to tie answers in with their mission?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Since this is the first day that information is transmitted to medical schools, has anyone gotten email correspondence from schools on secondaries yet? (especially for the schools that give secondaries to everyone)? I know some are already available at the schools' websites, but I was just wondering if anyone had gotten emails yet.

Also, for secondary questions that are fairly generic (i.e. what strengths/diversity you bring, activities since college, ethical dilemma), does anyone know if you are supposed to still make specific references to the school and try to tie answers in with their mission?

Thank you!

Not today....tomorrow is the first day that information is transmitted

Even though the primary is submitted tomorrow, I doubt schools will be in a rush to send out secondary invitations on a Friday afternoon. We probably won't hear from them until next week.

I think doing a generic answer is fine. Attempting to answer a question asking about a challenging experience (or whatever) and relating that to a particular school's mission statement seems a little too fake to me.

Even though the primary is submitted tomorrow, I doubt schools will be in a rush to send out secondary invitations on a Friday afternoon. We probably won't hear from them until next week.

I think doing a generic answer is fine. Attempting to answer a question asking about a challenging experience (or whatever) and relating that to a particular school's mission statement seems a little too fake to me.

Thanks everyone, you're right, it is 6/25 and not 6/24. I agree with the generic answer, just wanted to make sure because people always say to make the interest in the school really strong in the secondary, but it seems that not all secondaries have those types of questions.