Questions re: WVSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cali2006

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interviewing Nov. 8th. Do you have any idea how this all works- do they allow for a certain number of spots to let students in during each interview session? How many students do they interview on one particular day and how many interview sessions per month? Also, how important is it to want to do rural primary care? I am interested in primary care but not sure about rural medicine yet. Just wondering if anyone has answers.

Members don't see this ad.

I am interviewing Nov. 8th. Do you have any idea how this all works- do they allow for a certain number of spots to let students in during each interview session? How many students do they interview on one particular day and how many interview sessions per month? Also, how important is it to want to do rural primary care? I am interested in primary care but not sure about rural medicine yet. Just wondering if anyone has answers.

They, like most schools, do not have a certian number of spots per interview session. I have no idea how many times per month they interview. The earlier you interview, the better chance you have of getting an acceptance, because less admissions slots are filled in September as opposed to March. WVSOM is all about rural medicine and priamary care, so I wouldn't appear to be too opposed to the idea of eventually working in a rural. That is not to say that all of thier graudates do, but thier adcom is certiantly going to be looking (and asking) about experience / desire for rural medicine. Look in the interview feedback section...sometimes the descriptions will tell you how many people interview per day.

About what % of applicants get interviewed at WVSOM??

Members don't see this ad :)
It used to be that you didnt' fill out a secondary till you got an interview invite... Did they change that?

They still don't give you a secondary until you are invited for an interview. I am not sure how many applicants they are interviewing this year, but in my Princeton Med School book from last year it says they interview about 26% of applicants.