Questions regarding licensure

Started by tolkien
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tolkien

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone 🙂

First off a little background on my current status. I am a canadian student studying pharmacy in a 0-6 program in the states. I have a-lot of questions about actually practising pharmacy in America.

1) The school issued me the i-20 visa - my question is: Am I allowed to take the NAPLEX and practise pharmacy in the united states off that visa? Am I allowed to just take the NAPLEX?

2) If I wish to continue pharmacy back in Canada, must I take the NAPLEX before doing the qualifying exams in Canada, or can I just head over there with the PharmD?

3) If I wish to get a green-card, how does it's process work? I have minimal intention of actually living in the states, but if i do need to, must I not have a greencard? Is there any way to obtain the greencard before I graduate from the PharmD program?

Thank you!
Tolkien.