1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Questions thread

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Cerberus, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Cerberus

Cerberus Heroic Necromancer
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I have some more questions so i thought I'd start a thread where people can ask questions and get help:)

My q:

I want to get this straight, when a capicator is charging, the current initially increases and then decreases until it reaches zero (the capacitor becomes fully charged) but the voltage remains the same the entire time?

2. sdnstud

sdnstud 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

you've confused V for battery with V for capacitor.

As the capacitor charges, V for battery stays the same. (the definition of a bettery is constant V for a long ass time)

For the capacitor, as it charges, V will increase proportionally with Q. Remember Q=CV. C remains constant because C=eA/d.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cerberus

Cerberus Heroic Necromancer
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Ok, but the V for capacitor doesnt come into play till the capacitor is discharged - in which case it would drop exponetially - right?