Questions thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have some more questions so i thought I'd start a thread where people can ask questions and get help:)

My q:

I want to get this straight, when a capicator is charging, the current initially increases and then decreases until it reaches zero (the capacitor becomes fully charged) but the voltage remains the same the entire time?

Members don't see this ad.

you've confused V for battery with V for capacitor.

As the capacitor charges, V for battery stays the same. (the definition of a bettery is constant V for a long ass time)

For the capacitor, as it charges, V will increase proportionally with Q. Remember Q=CV. C remains constant because C=eA/d.

Originally posted by sdnstud
you've confused V for battery with V for capacitor.

As the capacitor charges, V for battery stays the same. (the definition of a bettery is constant V for a long ass time)

For the capacitor, as it charges, V will increase proportionally with Q. Remember Q=CV. C remains constant because C=eA/d.

Ok, but the V for capacitor doesnt come into play till the capacitor is discharged - in which case it would drop exponetially - right?