questions to ask at interviews?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by medical22, Aug 21, 2002.

1. medical22

medical22 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Others have advised me that when the interviewers ask if you have any questions, we should always ask some questions. What kinds of questions are asked by students during the interview? If you've been to any interviews, please tell me what you asked? I'm sure they already expect us to know how the curriculum works, etc.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. nero

nero Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

ask them about something that the school focuses on.......for example, if the school focuses on primary care in a rural area, ask them if they offer rotations in 3rd and 4th year in a rural area..........also, if there are med students ask about the typical day, if not, ask the admissions comittee........ask if they get to see any patients the first 2 years......ask what % of their students match into their first resdiency choice........ask opportunities for research (if this is not a priamry care oriented school, which a large majority are)...........just my thoughts.......

nero

4. altaskier

altaskier Altaholics Anonymous 92'
    7+ Year Member

Ask about the demographics of the population which the school serves. For me, diversity is really important. So I usually asked this question. Although, this is assuming that your interviewer is an MD.

5. CaNEM

CaNEM Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

"Is the anatomy lab well ventilated?"

Someone from my school asked this at all interviews!