1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Questions to Ask Dean or Interviewer?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by b3b3cuti3, Dec 22, 2005.

1. b3b3cuti3

b3b3cuti3 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hi all,

During your interview, what sort of questions are deemed important that you should ask the Dean or your interviewer (s)? Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pharmagirl

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I would probably ask about their pass rate on the boards and also about how many students they actually graduate from the original class. (ie, how many don't make it)

4. Requiem

Requiem Senior Member
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

One interviewing trick is if you hadn't been asked a question that you really wanted to respond to, is to ask if you mind if I say a few words regarding whatever.

It's a great way to end on a solid, pre-planned answer.

5. CauBePharmD

CauBePharmD Membership Revoked
    Removed

do we have a meeting very often?? pharmacy students always have meeting all the time...try to ask them that...that means u're preparing :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

6. 38ctk

38ctk ktc83
    5+ Year Member

Post Doc
    of course you should always ask questions regarding the school. You should have about 3 questions prepared before going into the interview. Sometimes questions pop up during the interview that you didn't think about before. These are the best questions because the interviewer then knows that you are engaging in a two-way conversation.

I heard the program assistant is very helpful and she happened to be my interviewer. So, I thought the best question to ask her was, "what type of problems or questions do you get from first year students and how do you go about helping them solve these problems?"

It's a legit question that I think most first year students want to know and it also puts the interviewer in a hot seat so you can take a breather for yourself.