General Admissions & OTCAS Questions to ask in Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTsarah

Reaction score
Hi! I have an interview coming up this Friday and am trying to come up with some good questions to ask them. I have a few, but do you guys have any you think is important to ask?

Also, is it inappropriate to ask about potential financial aid or scholarship opportunities available? I do want to know about that but don't want to come off like I'm assuming I'll get in / didn't know if it was weird to bring up things related to $$ during an interview??

Any feedback is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd be curious of their fieldwork placement and NBCOT pass statistics.

How would they compare the program they attended to this one? If they attended the same program, what changes/improvements have they made?

Ask them about their research interests (if not already mentioned) and how are interested students involved in their research?

Why did they choose to teach at that school?

What kind of student bonding opportunities are offered? Is there a big and little system to help first-years transition into graduate school? Are alumni involved?

If there are other health profession programs, are there opportunities to collaborate? (this may be mentioned on their website) Maybe ask to specify any certain events (such as free screenings for children where PT/OT students work together etc.)

I would avoid asking about financial aid because they most likely have this information already available on their program website. Research everything they have on their website. One school that I applied to has a student-centered program. I would ask what do the professors and faculty do to uphold their student-centeredness or any other value or mission of the program?

Just an FYI their NBCOT stats are usually on their website and they are also on the NBCOT website: Educators (scroll down to find "School Performance")

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How would they compare the program they attended to this one? If they attended the same program, what changes/improvements have they made?

Ask them about their research interests (if not already mentioned) and how are interested students involved in their research?

Why did they choose to teach at that school?

What kind of student bonding opportunities are offered? Is there a big and little system to help first-years transition into graduate school? Are alumni involved?

If there are other health profession programs, are there opportunities to collaborate? (this may be mentioned on their website) Maybe ask to specify any certain events (such as free screenings for children where PT/OT students work together etc.)

I would avoid asking about financial aid because they most likely have this information already available on their program website. Research everything they have on their website. One school that I applied to has a student-centered program. I would ask what do the professors and faculty do to uphold their student-centeredness or any other value or mission of the program?

Just an FYI their NBCOT stats are usually on their website and they are also on the NBCOT website: Educators (scroll down to find "School Performance")

thank you so much, those are great!!