Questions to ask interviewers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

annette22

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Those of you who have interviewed,what kinds of questions did you ask the interviewers.Please help those of us with pending interviews

Members don't see this ad.

Ask about things you want to know about the program. You are considering spending the next 3-4 years there...I'm sure you have something you need to know.

I personally think it is a good idea to ask questions to get more detail about something the interviewer may have mentioned about the program. One it shows interest and two it does demonstrate that you were actually paying attention. ASking questions to answers already given though to me at least appears bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you ,
this particular school has does a very good job with their website.I just was thinking of general questions as well not directly related to the program,any suggestions.thanks for your imput

I agree with you Fmbz5,Sometimes you do not want to repeat yourself

asking about the NAPLEX passage rate, overall passage rate, I ask about rotation sites, I also asked about how open the professors are to ask questions. That one bombed since the guy said he is open but can't speak for anyone else. It confused me since I would assume all the offices are next to each other and if he goes to ask them questions, how hard is it to find them.

these are really good questions generally.I hope your interviews went well.I have one this friday and another one next friday.Goodluck with school.

you too. my first choice is next week for an interview so it is nice to have some practice ahead of time. good luck to you. I wrote some of mine down ahead of time to look at just before the interview so my mind wouldn't go blank from being nervous. All I know is it lasted 25 minutes but felt like 30 seconds when it was done. It was as if my mind turned to the animal instinct till walking out of the room.

Better yet, what are some questions that are NOT good to ask (aside from asking questions that have easily accessible answers)?

When I applied to TTU, their website had so much information that almost any foreseeable question had already been answered by reading, so it was tough to not ask a "stupid" question that I'd know if I *actually* read into things a bit. So I told them that I'd been looking at TTU for years (which was true), taken a tour before, read all about it, and had already had all of my questions answered by staff and students I knew there from before. This accomplished what I see as the purpose of asking questions - showing your true interest in the program and school.

I had a couple student interviewers (that were with the faculty interviewer) and asked them to tell me about their positive and negative experiences with the program. I asked them what percentage of their students went into retail versus hospital/clinical (but you might be able to find that on the website). I asked what kind of student organizations were at the school (another possible website answer). Finally I asked for some clarification about something I read on their website (something about the block schedule format that I read).

way to go piyi, those are some excellent questions u got there.