General Admissions & OTCAS questions with OTCAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beachbum92

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

So I have read online about the OTCAS application, but just wanted to double check and make sure I'm correct in my understanding.

1. it's to my understanding, that you can submit your application even if your transcripts and evaluations have not all been submitted yet?

2. is it better to choose the transcript entry help they provide or do it by yourself?

3. I'm taking my last GRE's this week, but will be submitting my application before I receive all the scores (analytical). How do I go about making sure these scores are included in my application? Is this through the ETS website after?

4. before you are verified, does everything need to finally be included? EX: transcripts, evaluations, gre scores
or can you still be verified without all of that yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I will take a stab at this since I was verified not too long ago.

1. Yes, you are correct. You can e-submit with transcripts and evaluations in progress. However, I would make sure that both are at least requested or in progress when you submit because you will not be verified until they get there.

2. Personally, I chose to input my own transcripts. I sent myself official copies and went from there. It's really up to you if you trust another person and want to pay the fee. I have read about a few people who paid for the service and their application was delayed due to an error. They missed their deadlines and didn't get their application fees to those schools back . Of course that is the worst case scenario and I'm sure there are many people happy to have used the service.

3. I didn't submit a GRE this year, so please research this part. When you take the GRE, the day of the test they offer to send your scores to a certain number of places for free. On OTCAS there is a place to enter your test date and scores with directions on where to send them. Before e-submitting, update the test date and scores (quant/qual) in OTCAS and then follow the directions on the site. Keep in mind that your scores may not be available from ETS immediately. After test day there is a fee to send your scores anywhere.

4. Yes, everything in progress needs to be received by OTCAS before you can start the verification process.

I have found that contacting OTCAS directly (email) is a great way to get a quick response for any questions. Hope this helped and good luck!