Questions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentgod

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is the sinus thats located below the sella turcica?

everything wud cause bleeding except?
increased systolic bld pressure
hypokalemia
cigarette smoking
decreased thrombaxane

if the pt is given the 115mg per ml of inulin, when the plasma concn of inulin is 0.1 mg/ml, whats the gfr?
115 mg/ml
0.1mg/ml

anybody pls state the ans with the explanation. thank you

Members don't see this ad.

because if patient is showing oral lesions of tb ,then it is because he is already carrying bacteria, but before there were no oral lesions seen in his mouth (oral cavity is not primary site of tb infection)and via sputum ,organisms enter mucosal tissue thru small breaks in the surface.
ur option is also right it can occur by contaminated instrument but not much as compared to sputum.
anyone pl come up with more opinions...

hey teethie ,,,,isnt it suppose to be via a contaminated dental insturment !!! can someone confirm pls ??? bec. i would go with answer 5:cool:

Can anyone answer this?

Bacteriologic punity of metropolitan water suppliers,sanitary engineers routinely check the water for the presence of which of the folloing?
e coli
s typhy
entamoeba histolytica
shigella dysenteriae

e.coli answer

hey,,
i have a question pls if someone can help with it
found it in decks09 (81) :

it says the mand. 2nd premolar buccal cusp contact the mesial triangular fossa of second premolar in the maxilla,,,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my question why ???i mean why not both ist and 2nd maxillary premolar??????
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
blood flow rate is less in veins compared to arteries.so,the viscosity is more in veins compared to arteries.

hi can you please explain how bld flow affect viscosity coz as i know in the vain highest bld lowest bld pressure,bld flow is same in artery and vains but the resistens is differrent
so as i know

hi can you please explain how bld flow affect viscosity coz as i know in the vain highest bld lowest bld pressure,bld flow is same in artery and vains but the resistens is differrent
so as i know

veins have greater diameter compared to arteries,which contributes to lower blood velocity in veins.
this is what i thought..
pls correct if wrong...

hey,,

it says the mand. 2nd premolar buccal cusp contact the mesial triangular fossa of second premolar in the maxilla,,,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my question why ???i mean why not both ist and 2nd maxillary premolar??????
thanks
Can anyone please clarify this doubt?

hey defenately the 3rd mostly consederd are congenetally missin !!!! very sure,,, agree with u teethie ..

hey teethie need ur help here buddy,,,

thanks[/QUOTE]

sorry wadent i have no explanation but this is true that mand. 2nd premolar buccal cusp contacts the mesial triangular fossa of max second premolar
so just memorising it that way.

hey teethie need ur help here buddy,,,

thanks
[/QUOTE]

Members don't see this ad :)
Need help with this, please do sole the question:
which of the following nerves is located directly on the lateral surface of the medial pterygoid muscle?
Facial
Lingual
Masseteric
Long Buccal
Auriculotemporal
The sublingual caruncles are elevations that
are also called sublingual folds
are located on both sides of the lingual frenum
contain the openings for all the sublingual ducts
are related to the posterior aspect of the sublingual glands
Which of the following strucr=ture lies directly Anterior to the scalenus anterior muscle?
Subclavian vein
Vertebral artery
Subclavian artery
In erythropoiesis, which of the following increases from the proerythroblast to the mature erythrocyte?
cell size
phagocytic ability
cytoplasmic acidophilia
cytoplasmic basophilia

Initially, the developing heart
induced by the notochord
positioned posterior to the notochord
positioned anterior to the prochordal plate
between the prochordal plate and the notochord
Which of the following are parts of the conducting division of the respiratory system?
Alveoli
Alveolar ducts
Primary bronchus
terminal bronchioles
respiratory bronchioles
costocervical trunk
superior trunk of the brachial plexus
Touch receptors are most numerous per unit area in the mucosa of which of the following?
Uvula
hard palate
attached gingiva
tip of the tongue
buccal/labial vestibule

which of the following nerves is located directly on the lateral surface of the medial pterygoid muscle?
Facial
Lingual-answer(would like confirmation)
Masseteric
Long Buccal
Auriculotemporal
are located on both sides of the lingual frenum-answer
Which of the following strucr=ture lies directly Anterior to the scalenus anterior muscle?
Subclavian vein-answer
Vertebral artery
Subclavian artery
In erythropoiesis, which of the following increases from the proerythroblast to the mature erythrocyte?
cell size
phagocytic ability
cytoplasmic acidophilia-answer
cytoplasmic basophilia

induced by the notochord
positioned anterior to the prochordal plate-answer
Which of the following are parts of the conducting division of the respiratory system?
Alveoli
Alveolar ducts
Primary bronchus-answer
terminal bronchioles
respiratory bronchioles
costocervical trunk
Touch receptors are most numerous per unit area in the mucosa of which of the following?
Uvula
hard palate
attached gingiva
tip of the tongue-answer
buccal/labial vestibule

pls correct if wrong....

pls correct if wrong....

Originally Posted by dentgod
Facial
Masseteric
Long Buccal
Auriculotemporal

What does it mean by lateral surface of medial pterygoid muscle?? or plate???:confused:

are located on both sides of the lingual frenum-answer:thumbup:

cell size
phagocytic ability
cytoplasmic acidophilia-answer:thumbup:
cytoplasmic basophilia

Uvula
hard palate
attached gingiva
tip of the tongue-answer:thumbup:
buccal/labial vestibule

Originally Posted by dentgod
Facial
Masseteric
Long Buccal
Auriculotemporal

What does it mean by lateral surface of medial pterygoid muscle?? or plate???:confused:
lateral to medial pterygoid muscle,pterygomandibular space is present.which means between medial pterygoid and ramus of the mandible.it contains the inferior alveolar vessels and nerves and also lingual nerve.

are located on both sides of the lingual frenum-answer:thumbup:

cell size
phagocytic ability
cytoplasmic acidophilia-answer:thumbup:
cytoplasmic basophilia

Uvula
hard palate
attached gingiva
tip of the tongue-answer:thumbup:
buccal/labial vestibule

Facial
Lingual
Masseteric
Long Buccal
Auriculotemporal
Subclavian vein
Vertebral artery
Subclavian artery
cell size
phagocytic ability
cytoplasmic acidophilia
cytoplasmic basophilia

induced by the notochord
positioned anterior to the prochordal plate
Alveoli
Alveolar ducts
Primary bronchus
terminal bronchioles
respiratory bronchioles
costocervical trunk
Uvula
hard palate
attached gingiva
tip of the tongue
buccal/labial vestibule

Q:Which of the following are parts of the conducting division of the respiratory system?
Alveoli
Alveolar ducts
Primary bronchus-answer
terminal bronchioles
respiratory bronchioles
costocervical trunk

please confirm, why cant it be terminla bronchioles too, as a part of conducting div : trachea, bronchus , or terminal bronchioles all answers shd be true , right ?

i agree with truth seeker, if question like this comes then how should we choose the more closest option..anyone pl clarify..or am guessing it , since bronchioles are closest to alveolar sacs which are part of respiratory division so rule out terminabronchioles as answer...though not sure

Q:Which of the following are parts of the conducting division of the respiratory system?
Alveoli
Alveolar ducts
Primary bronchus-answer
terminal bronchioles
respiratory bronchioles
costocervical trunk

please confirm, why cant it be terminla bronchioles too, as a part of conducting div : trachea, bronchus , or terminal bronchioles all answers shd be true , right ?

i agree with truth seeker, if question like this comes then how should we choose the more closest option..anyone pl clarify..or am guessing it , since bronchioles are closest to alveolar sacs which are part of respiratory division so rule out terminabronchioles as answer...though not sure

here's one more doubt, please expln ;

Q: most common etiologic agent of septic arthritis in adults

N.gonorrhoea
H.influenza
S.pyogenes
S.pneumoniae

in young sexually active individuals - cause is n.gonorrhoea , but in adults - s.aureus is the one

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/236299-overview

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bone-and-joint-infections/DS00545/DSECTION=causes

N.gonorrhoea
H.influenza
S.pyogenes
S.pneumoniae

i had seen this question in one of the ASDA papers ((not sure which packet) n the ans given was N.gonorrhoea.

pl disregard this an swer.ans: strep pneumoniae
i have found the information and pasting it below
http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/conditions/septic.html

)

here's one more doubt, please expln ;

N.gonorrhoea
H.influenza
S.pyogenes
S.pneumoniae

in young sexually active individuals - cause is n.gonorrhoea , but in adults - s.aureus is the one

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/236299-overview

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bone-and-joint-infections/DS00545/DSECTION=causes

Last edited:
hey pbkal,,ur right,,,, good job,,it is N. GONORRHOEAE ,,,guess i was confuse to chose s.pyogen... thanks buddy !

hey there is this question in asda IM gettin me confused now need help please !!!
here what it says:

Which groove of the mandibular first molar does the maxillary mesiolingual cusp pass
through in a lateral excursive movement on the workin side?
a.buccal
b.lingual
c.central
ddistolingual

the key says lingual(its questio number 131 ) so my question is pls can someone expalin this to me if its true,,, pls guys iam lookin to hear from u ,,how this thing is workin (i just feel confused now )...
it did not say here if left or right !! lookin to hear from u as soon as possible

in normal intercuspation ur ml cusp of max molar falls in central groove of mand ist molar and in lateral movement on working side, ur mandible is moved laterally so ml cusp of max molar will come out of central fossa(as ur mandible has shifted laterally and ur mand teeth will also come outward (laterally) this is just for ur imagination I am saying as such ur teeth do not come out) and will fall on lingual goove onf mand 1 st molar
hope it helps, i tried my best.

hey there is this question in asda IM gettin me confused now need help please !!!
here what it says:

Which groove of the mandibular first molar does the maxillary mesiolingual cusp pass
through in a lateral excursive movement on the workin side?
a.buccal
b.lingual
c.central
ddistolingual

the key says lingual(its questio number 131 ) so my question is pls can someone expalin this to me if its true,,, pls guys iam lookin to hear from u ,,how this thing is workin (i just feel confused now )...
it did not say here if left or right !! lookin to hear from u as soon as possible

teethie thank u very much...
any way i wasn't thinkin i guess that ive studied too much 2day ,,so iam goin out of the house ,,,so anyway the concept for this question is that for example when we have for example A LEFT WORKIN MOVMENT the right condyle rotates and translates anteriorly and MEDIALLY...while the left condyle rotates forward and translates slightly LATERALLY to the left.....so i guess thats the concept behind it right!!!
thank u very much !!
wadent

Last edited:
yes :)
teethie thank u very much...
any way i wasn't thinkin i guess that ive studied too much 2day ,,so iam goin out of the house ,,,so anyway the concept for this question is that for example when we have for example A LEFT WORKIN MOVMENT the right condyle rotates and translates anteriorly and MEDIALLY...while the left condyle rotates forward and translates slightly LATERALLY to the left.....so i guess thats the concept behind it right!!!
thank u very much !!
wadent

yeah !!!
i got it ,,, u know what i learned u need to get away from studies for a while (have a walk do anythin...) well thats what happnened with me yesterday satyed home all day sudies about 11 hrs i felt later i cant focus anymore,,,, any way thank uu teethie ,,,ur the best...
bye

A biochemistry question on exam of 1979 really confused me.

which of the situations below characterizes the exchange of chloride and bicarbonate ion between the red cell and plasma in the lungs?

1. the passage of chloride ion into the cell from the plasma and the passage of bicarbonate ion from the cell into the plasma
2. the passage of chloride ion into the plasma from the cell and the passage of bicarbonate ion from the plasma into the cell
3. the passage of chloride ion and bicarbonate ion into the cell from the plasma so that carbon dioxide can escape
4. the passage of chloride ion and bicarbonate ion from the cell into the plasma

the answer from the key answer is 1, but I think "1" happens in tissue instead of lung. Anyone here can help me on this question? thanks

Carcinoma of which of the following tissue has been associated with ingestion of food contaminated with Aspergillus?
a:lips
b:lungs
c:liver
d:colon
this question is from asda paper packet F, n the ans given is C:Liver, isnt it suppose to be Lung, i know aspergillus causes fungal ball..
m i missing out something here, or may b it affect liver coz its ingested?:confused:

Carcinoma of which of the following tissue has been associated with ingestion of food contaminated with Aspergillus?
a:lips
b:lungs
c:liver
d:colon
this question is from asda paper packet F, n the ans given is C:Liver, isnt it suppose to be Lung, i know aspergillus causes fungal ball..
m i missing out something here, or may b it affect liver coz its ingested?:confused:

ans is liver.the question here is asking abt aspergillus flavus which produces aflatoxins(present in rotten nuts).
aspergilloma(fungus ball) is caused by aspergillus fumigatus.
since the questions mentions food contamination,A.flavus is in the scene.
hope it helps you........

ans is liver.the question here is asking abt aspergillus flavus which produces aflatoxins(present in rotten nuts).

Thankyou so much pbkal,
thankyou so much for pointing out the difference between the two.The key is in Fumigatus and Flavus.So close...

Thanx Pbkal :)

ingestion of what highly increase gastric emptying
water
fat
mineral
protein-answer
carbohydrate
becoz the gastrin secreted by the gastric pits are the ones that helps In the gastric emptying or the go signal, rest like cck, GIp secretin like enterogastrones are inhibitory in action right? When the gastrin is the stimulating factor , why not the proteins? Since proteins or peptides helps in gastrin secretion. Pls correct if wrong.
Pls someone come forward n clarify this. Thank you.

yes the ans is protein, read it in decks :thumbup:

thanks iomega!!well,i have 2007 decks.......will check in that in the corresponding section......

pbkal,
wht it says is protein in the stomach increases secretion of gastrin, n gastrin increases stomach motility...
hope this helps.

Hey guys.. it says at the bottom of Wiki that there are 32 total gray rami. However, I thought there was one for every spinal nerve so why wouldn't it be 31? Help please

Also.. it's spelling is all wrong so I'm thinking whoever put it in wiki was wrong maybe?

criteria for staph pathogenicity...

is it hemolysis or coagulase production??

i feel its hemolysis ...am i right??

bact. lipopolysaccaride does not have which??

--techoic acid
--keto deoxy octanoate

docmhv:

1. Coagulase (just guessing but I know that this is what makes it different from other staph)
2. Keto deoxy octanoate