Quick AMCAS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mspeedwagon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I edited this post this thread and it is no longer as quick a question. If you have time and knowledge about GPA, can you please do the calculations out for overall GPA and science GPA (AMCAS style of course).

Overall Undergraduate (all courses worth the same credits): #A = 14, #B = 9 and #C = 1. Of this # A in bio = 3, # B in bio = 3, # C in chem = 1 (also, I received one additional B in stats for social scientists, but I'm not sure if this counts in the science GPA).

Post-Bac (so far) - taken across a number of schools (all semster long EXCEPT one)
- Took one quarter of anatomy and physiology (3 q.h. lecture, 1 q.h. lab) - received an A (both lecture and lab)
- Took a semester of expositiory writing (semester class): B+
- Took a semester of g-chem 1 (5 unit, semester class, which included lab): A
- Took a semester of biochemistry (3 semester hrs): A-
- Took a semester of o-chem 1 (3 semester hrs): A-

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sorry, I edited this post this thread and it is no longer as quick a question. If you have time and knowledge about GPA, can you please do the calculations out for overall GPA and science GPA (AMCAS style of course).

Overall Undergraduate (all courses worth the same credits): #A = 14, #B = 9 and #C = 1. Of this # A in bio = 3, # B in bio = 3, # C in chem = 1 (also, I received one additional B in stats for social scientists, but I'm not sure if this counts in the science GPA).

Post-Bac (so far) - taken across a number of schools (all semster long EXCEPT one)
- Took one quarter of anatomy and physiology (3 q.h. lecture, 1 q.h. lab) - received an A (both lecture and lab)
- Took a semester of expositiory writing (semester class): B+
- Took a semester of g-chem 1 (5 unit, semester class, which included lab): A
- Took a semester of biochemistry (3 semester hrs): A-
- Took a semester of o-chem 1 (3 semester hrs): A-

Thank you.

I think "quick question" means something different than you think it means.

As I said, I edited the post, but couldn't edit the title. What I really want to know though is if a statistics class (listed under the sociology department and entitled stats for social scientists), would count as part of the science GPA. I do the other calculations.

I realize I really need to improve my science GPA, but it would be good to know exactly where I am starting from.

Thanks.

I think "quick question" means something different than you think it means.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. Stats within other departments counts as math (and math is in AMCAS sGPA).