-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Quick AMCAS question
Started by rejectedhardcor
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
1. What was the name of the psych class?
2. You don't really need history "credit", but there should be an option for AP credit. If not, just list it like a normal course, as it will show up on your transcript accordingly.
3. "Speeding ticket". Most people know what that is. Providing details/excuses will probably hurt worse than help. If it was a while ago, list that you have no points against your license currently and have not had another incident since then.
Good luck!
2. You don't really need history "credit", but there should be an option for AP credit. If not, just list it like a normal course, as it will show up on your transcript accordingly.
3. "Speeding ticket". Most people know what that is. Providing details/excuses will probably hurt worse than help. If it was a while ago, list that you have no points against your license currently and have not had another incident since then.
Good luck!
Go for it. If AMCAS decides to change it, so be it.1. I took a psychology course (psyc 300) that was a really statistics course, despite being listed as a psychology course...Can I list this as a math instead of social science course?
I don't know. I'll leave this one for someone else.2. How do I list history credit received from testing out of from a high school AP course?
Be as specific as possible. As I've heard from a few authority figures, "if left in the dark I will always assume the worst." In any event a speeding ticket won't be anything to worry about, so no point in shying away from it. Keep it straightforward.3. I received a speeding ticket (all tickets in my state are misdemeanors). How much detail should I provide regarding the circumstance?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
Read page 41 of the instruction manual2. How do I list history credit received from testing out of from a high school AP course?
Read page 37 of the instruction manual.Also, its a little unclear what they count as the academic year.
For example:
Is a class taken in spring 2006 listed as 2005/2006 school year according to the logic Fall 2005-Spring 2006 as the school year?
or
Is a class taken in spring 2006 listed as 2006/2007 school year as according to the logic January 2006 - January 2007 is calender year?
.
Last edited:
The exact same as your official transcript has it listed. If there is no grade at all, then leave it blank. If it says "P" or "CR" or anything else, enter that instead.I read the manual, it answered the question about the school year and how to enter AP credit.
However, it does not answer how to list the grade for AP credit.
How should I list the grade for AP credit?
I am completing my AMCAS and need to know how to list a few courses.
1. I took a psychology course (psyc 300) that was a really statistics course, despite being listed as a psychology course. We didn't learn any social science, only did statistical analysis and learned statistical techniques just like a normal statistics class. Can I list this as a math instead of social science course?
I listed two psych courses as biology ones even though my transcripts say they are psych and AMCAS accepted that.
2. How do I list history credit received from testing out of from a high school AP course?
For the credit hours I put the hours of the class that I would have had to have taken if the AP class didn't replace it... I also listed the grade as an EXM but they corrected me so no biggy if you mess up.
.
Last edited:
Instruction manual, page 42What about courses that are in progess? For example, I am taking Organic III, but the grade will not be posted until after I submit my AMCAS application. I'm on a quarter system, so Organic III is a required course for my one year of Ochem.
How do I list a required course that I am still taking and the grade won't be posted in time for my submission of AMCAS?
https://www.aamc.org/students/apply.../how_to_enter_current-future_course_work.html
.
Last edited:
.
Last edited: