Quick Course Load Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davisfenos

Prince Caspian
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I realize it might be a little bit difficult to assist me with this due to relative course difficulties, but I'm really just looking for general opinions. My schedule for the upcoming semester consists of the following:

Genetics with lab
Ecology with lab
Human Physiology
Metabolism
Introduction to the Internet

My problem is that my school offers a fourth year radiological physics course with a lab (takes place at the local hospital!) that I am REALLY interested in taking. If anything, I'd probably swap out my internet course for it. Do you guys think that would make my schedule too heavy? What would you do?

Thanks for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

They have courses for internet 101? o_o

And with 2 labs I think you will have a handful, but then again genetics labs wasn't too hard. Not sure about Ecology. Rad. physics sounds more time consuming...

Up to you bud. It really depends what you want to get out of your education.

That's about...16-17 credit hours? And if you switch IntroNet with RadPhys probably 18 credit hours?

Are you heavily involved in other ECs that would conflict with this course load? Are you also studying for the MCAT? Are you juggling a part-time job? If none of the above, I would go for it.

If you're a Senior and wants a stress-free last year, think about which classes that you could do without.

They have courses for internet 101? o_o

And with 2 labs I think you will have a handful, but then again genetics labs wasn't too hard. Not sure about Ecology. Rad. physics sounds more time consuming...

Up to you bud. It really depends what you want to get out of your education.

Yeah, it's considered pretty easy at my school! You can take it in class or online, but I've opted for the online version.

That's about...16-17 credit hours? And if you switch IntroNet with RadPhys probably 18 credit hours?

Are you heavily involved in other ECs that would conflict with this course load? Are you also studying for the MCAT? Are you juggling a part-time job? If none of the above, I would go for it.

If you're a Senior and wants a stress-free last year, think about which classes that you could do without.

I'll be working at three hospitals during the school year, but not really doing much else. Maybe trying to squeeze in some extra shadowing if I can. I'm actually a post-bac student, as well.