Quick LOR question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hye345

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Turns out that my professors are a bit tardy on writing/submitting my LOR's. I'm wondering, can I submit my pharmcas application before all the LORs have been received (assuming I have entered into pharmcas the info of those who will eventually submit them)?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe that you can.

Did you know that Pharmcas has an official Facebook page?? You can post questions on their wall and someone fro PharmCAS will respond.

But the thing is, say the school requires two LOR and you request two on pharmcas, once the application is submitted, I don't think you can go back and list another evaluator if one of your professors decides to deny you. So if I was you, I would triple make sure that your professor will write one for you before submission or submit only after all LORs are received.

Members don't see this ad :)
But the thing is, say the school requires two LOR and you request two on pharmcas, once the application is submitted, I don't think you can go back and list another evaluator if one of your professors decides to deny you. So if I was you, I would triple make sure that your professor will write one for you before submission or submit only after all LORs are received.

False.

You can edit your LOR list after esubmitting the application; a writer can be removed as long as they haven't submitted the reference yet.

I knew you can remove evaluators if unresponsive or denied but I didn't know you can add new entry after submission. Learn something new everyday. I apologize for my post.

I knew you can remove evaluators if unresponsive or denied but I didn't know you can add new entry after submission. Learn something new everyday. I apologize for my post.

No need. :) PharmCAS isn't that mean to tease with the removal option but not allow the adding of another writer to replace. ;)

On second thought, you're right that it doesn't say addition explicitly. I just assumed so since they allow you to removal unresponsive writers.

Not trying to high jack the thread but since we are talking about LORs, can anyone tell me why Pharmcas does not allow LORs from the previous cycle to be transferred to the current cycle like how transcripts do if we want to reapply? They should know that we don't get LORs automatically from the school or from employment. I'm pretty sure plenty of us wishes not to trouble our evaluators every time we reapply.

Not trying to high jack the thread but since we are talking about LORs, can anyone tell me why Pharmcas does not allow LORs from the previous cycle to be transferred to the current cycle like how transcripts do if we want to reapply? They should know that we don't get LORs automatically from the school or from employment. I'm pretty sure plenty of us wishes not to trouble our evaluators every time we reapply.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but maybe they are allowing for the possibility that a LOR writer's opinion of you may change (positively or negatively) from one year to the next.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but maybe they are allowing for the possibility that a LOR writer's opinion of you may change (positively or negatively) from one year to the next.

Yup. Makes sense.

If you didn't get in, I'm not sure that those writers would want to write the exact same things about you -- at least not without new information.