quick q about exponents

Started by koogles
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

koogles

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the middle of chem in the Kap book, and it seems like they want us to do something like 4x^3=2.1x10^-6,
anyone know a trick to get around having to figure out cubed roots by hand?
I was hoping the mcat wouldn't need that much math by hand.
 
I'm sure you'll have to deal with exponents on the actual thing, so you'd better learn how to do that kind of math on paper.

Cube root is the same as raising something to the (1/3).

When you raise one exponent to another exponent, you just multiply them. So the cube root of 10^-6 would be written as (10^-6)^(1/3), and it equals (10^-2).