quick q: using chad's videos solely for content review...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fila246

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
was thinking about this given the other thread made... would it be possible to just watch chad's videos for physics. ochem, and gen chem strictly and do TBR passages, instead of reading through long tprh/tbr chapters?? i figure if i use the videos i can breeze through content review and focus on passages. thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

was thinking about this given the other thread made... would it be possible to just watch chad's videos for physics. ochem, and gen chem strictly and do TBR passages, instead of reading through long tprh/tbr chapters?? i figure if i use the videos i can breeze through content review and focus on passages. thoughts?

Maybe for Organic chemistry, but the others you'll need course review books like Nova or TBR.

Most review books are a summary of science prerequisites. Chad's videos are a summary of review books. Is a summary of a summary a viable option? Probably not, because somewhere along the line, some information will be omitted. Chad does a fantastic job at explaining the material, but it is in no way a substitute for MCAT prep, unless of course you already have a solid understanding of the material.

I think using Chads Videos as your only source of content review for General Chem, O-Chem, and Physics is fine. He does a great job of incorporating all the topics so you have a broad understanding. Also conceptually oriented which is great for the MCAT.

But content review alone does not result in a good MCAT score. You learn the most in practice problems. So do Chads MCAT videos and then bust your butt doing problems.

So do Chads MCAT videos and then bust your butt doing problems.

This.

I find Chad's orgo, chem, and physics videos to be amazing.. and he goes through everything from the AMCAS topic list. I've been using him in conjunction with EK.. and then TBR/EK passages. If i'm really really NOT getting a topic (physics :confused:) i'll consult other sources like TBR/wiki premed/brightstorm.. WHATEVER helps get the material in my head. Most important thing is to not forget to do tons of passages. Even Chad makes it a point to repeatedly tell MCAT students that his videos aren't enough.