Quick question about "jumping ship" into rads

Started by Nanook
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nanook

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello folks:

I am at a fairly prestigious residency in another specialty (ophthalmology), and considering a change into rads. Currently, I am a PGY-2.

Should I fill out the paperwork and go through the match again, or just contact programs directly and beg them to take me?
 
Hello folks:

I am at a fairly prestigious residency in another specialty (ophthalmology), and considering a change into rads. Currently, I am a PGY-2.

Should I fill out the paperwork and go through the match again, or just contact programs directly and beg them to take me?

if i were you, probably both. it's not like you'll be a beggar coming from ophtho, but still, i wouldn't want to shut any doors.