Quick Question about OMM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello,

I have a quick question about the uses of OMM.
Is it legal for a DO to teach a patent's family member the correct way to perform OMM?
I'm asking this because in the future, I want to go volunteer to an underserved area, and the patients there may not have access to certain medication that can be treated with OMM.
I'm thinking that if I were to teach the patient's relative the correct way to perform OMM, they can continuously do the manipulation at home so that they do not have to rely on the accessibility of certain drugs.

thanks!
What medications won't they have access to that can be replaced with OMT? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I think the techniques that match up with what physical therapists do can be of benefit. A lot of is hocus pocus tho

What medications won't they have access to that can be replaced with OMT? :confused:
Meh, the only thing that works for my tension headaches is muscle relaxants and OMM. I much prefer having suboccipital tension release and some counterstrain to getting a script for muscle relaxants myself.

Reactions: 1 user
Meh, the only thing that works for my tension headaches is muscle relaxants and OMM. I much prefer having suboccipital tension release and some counterstrain to getting a script for muscle relaxants myself.
I can't tell you how many headaches I've immediately decreased in intensity in the office by doing this release. I teach the patient's family members as well if they're with the patient. I also give them the caveat, though, don't let the patient stand up quickly. Suboccipital release for tension headaches is remarkable.

Reactions: 1 users