Quick Question Chad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KenAzTorch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I remember doing questions like this on chad's quizzes, but forgot how and I don't want to pay again for a subscription for just one problem. Anyways here it is, I hope you can help me.

hqdefault.jpg

For rate problems, how would you get the equation superscripts if say the CO concentrations were 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 instead of (0.1, 0.1, 02). What I mean is, what do you do if you can't cancel out one set of concentrations? Usually your given at least two identical concentrations which is easy to solve, but I just don't remember what you do when the concentrations for at least one reactant are all different. Your help is much appreciated. :)

Members don't see this ad.

You'll likely never encounter a situation like that on your DAT. If they do give you a rate problem, the two reactants will each have identical concentrations for at least 2 of the trials listed. This way, you'll always be able to cancel out 1 reactant so you can find the order of the other.