Quick question for anyone at PCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phrygian

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the 2011 class and I have heard that we need to buy a otoscope/ophthalmoscope diagnostic set. I just wanted to see if this was true. I do the supply ordering at the office I work and was going to see if the company had any deals for me if I do need to get one. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the 2011 class and I have heard that we need to buy a otoscope/ophthalmoscope diagnostic set. I just wanted to see if this was true. I do the supply ordering at the office I work and was going to see if the company had any deals for me if I do need to get one. Thank you!

YOu need it but theres a group order discount if you wait till the class orders them at the begining of the year. Plus you need a certain type of welch allen because the speculums only really work on that brand................................as i found out the hard way.

Great! Thanks for the quick reply!

Members don't see this ad :)
You didn't hear this from me BUT you don't technically "have" to buy your own. I didn't and managed quite well. Spend the money on something else (books, clothes, etc). Once you're done with 2nd year, you'll likely NEVER use that stupid kit again. Just be friendly during orientation. Then when you have one of those Standardized Patient (SP) sessions, ask one of your classmates/friends if you can borrow theirs!

You just saved yourself hundreds of dollars...and you didn't even switch to Geico...:)

It is still happening as we speak.

It can get conflictive at times, but nothing that can't be sorted out.

I bought one, never used it and then sold it for a loss 3 years later.