quick question for Mud_Phud

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guacum

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

I interviewed at Iowa a little over a week ago and had a great time (the tall, blond guy from Chicago). It was nice to meet you, to put a name with a face. Spending some time in clinic helped me get the complete picture at Iowa, an opportunity I have not had at other interviews.

I had a question about your prelim medicine year at Iowa. Were you offered that position when you matched into Ophth at Iowa or did you apply and interview separately? In general, do most Ophth programs find a way to offer their incoming residents prelim spots at their institution after the Ophth match? I'm going to transitional year interviews in Chicago and could stay here one more year but would like to end up wherever I match for Ophth for prelim/trans year.

Thanks again for your insights at the interview and online.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

It was a pleasure meeting you too. The prelim match is separate from the ophtho match. I called U Iowa's IM program after knowing my match results. I made it clear that their program was my #1 choice.

There are only a handful of programs that offer you an internship. I think Utah does this.

Good luck, and I hope things work out for you!