Quick question on filling out amcas application?

Started by Hongiddong
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hongiddong

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello SDN!

I have 3 quick questions regarding the Letter of Evaluation section:

I got a LOR from my chemistry professor in which I took two of his classes.
1. What should I put under Primary Contact/Author's Title? Should I put Associate Teaching Professor?
Or should I put Professor of Inorganic Chemistry?

2. For this same inorganic chemistry professor, what should I put for the organization name? Should I leave it blank?

I got a LOR from a pediatric Doctor of Osteopathic medicine.
3. What should I put under Primary Contact/Author's Title?
Should I put Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine under Primary Contact/Author's Title?

Thank you very much for all your help!
 
You might find many of the answers you seek here

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...mendation-questions-thread-2015-2016.1126866/

As I recall from filling out my application a year ago there were a lot of nitty-gritty questions I had about exactly what to put where as if it were the end of the world if I wrote the wrong thing. In the situations you list above I believe I wrote Professor or Doctor for the titles. For organization name I listed the school/hospital/practice where they worked. But please familiarize yourself with the above thread. It is very thorough and I may have advised you incorrectly here.
 
Sorry to bother you SDN community, but I had 1 more question.

1. For the LOR from my professor I did research for, should his Primary Contact/Author's Title be PhD associate professor, or Principal Investigator?