Quick question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ndbosma04

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this was posted before but I can't find the thread. Does anyone know where the stats are, or the thread is, on how many people schools accept after interviews? I know at some schools if you get an interview you have close to a 50/50 shot but others not so much. Thanks guys :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

The MSAR just has number applied, number intervied and number matriculated I think...

Members don't see this ad :)
ndbosma04 said:
The MSAR just has number applied, number intervied and number matriculated I think...

I think the rule of thumb is that schools typically end up offering twice the number of acceptances as they have seats (depends on the school, of course) so you can at least get a general idea of your chances from the MSAR.

US News and World Report's Ultimate Guide to Medical School has that info. You can buy the online version of it. I dunno if someone else posted this data on here, but I remember seeing something similar but from previous years. Good luck searching.

sfbear said:
I think the rule of thumb is that schools typically end up offering twice the number of acceptances as they have seats (depends on the school, of course) so you can at least get a general idea of your chances from the MSAR.
That's what I've heard too.