Quick question...

ndbosma04

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2004
    I know this was posted before but I can't find the thread. Does anyone know where the stats are, or the thread is, on how many people schools accept after interviews? I know at some schools if you get an interview you have close to a 50/50 shot but others not so much. Thanks guys :thumbup:

About the Ads

sfbear

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Sep 24, 2003
      ndbosma04 said:
      The MSAR just has number applied, number intervied and number matriculated I think...

I think the rule of thumb is that schools typically end up offering twice the number of acceptances as they have seats (depends on the school, of course) so you can at least get a general idea of your chances from the MSAR.

Uegis

1 Down 3 To Go
      10+ Year Member
      Aug 15, 2004
      www.mdapplicants.com
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        US News and World Report's Ultimate Guide to Medical School has that info. You can buy the online version of it. I dunno if someone else posted this data on here, but I remember seeing something similar but from previous years. Good luck searching.

nockamura

10+ Year Member
        Sep 11, 2004
          sfbear said:
          I think the rule of thumb is that schools typically end up offering twice the number of acceptances as they have seats (depends on the school, of course) so you can at least get a general idea of your chances from the MSAR.
          That's what I've heard too.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.