Quick Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tootoo30

Account Closed!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Once you finish the PharmD program are you considered a doctor? So people would call me Dr. James :)

One more question can I list the fact that I was in the reserve as being an extracurricular activity or how should I list that
I know it should be considered a plus right?

Members don't see this ad.

Once you finish the PharmD program are you considered a doctor? So people would call me Dr. James :)

One more question can I list the fact that I was in the reserve as being an extracurricular activity or how should I list that
I know it should be considered a plus right?

Yes, you are considered a doctor. You should list your reserve experience as part of your ECs. If you have the chance, you can also ask the admissions office if they would like a recommendation letter from your reserve commander on your behalf.

Thanks I never thought of asking them for a letter of reference because the school I am applying to say they need them from my professors but that's a good idea!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks I never thought of asking them for a letter of reference because the school I am applying to say they need them from my professors but that's a good idea!

Do four LORs. I've known people who have gotten in with three or four even though they only require/ask for three.
[hint: I'm a P2 at that school.]

I just wanted to clear this up, but you have to do the required LORs. I think it's three letters from a science professor, math professor, or pharmacist.
The military letter would be additional.

Thanks for the info! I guess the more the merrier :) Did you do all your prerequisites at that Xavier or did you go elsewhere?

Thanks for the info! I guess the more the merrier :) Did you do all your prerequisites at that Xavier or did you go elsewhere?
Don't go overboard. I wouldn't do more than 4 professor/pharmacist LORs and one military LOR. I highly recommend that you submit your application online. I've heard of them loosing stuff before. Make sure that you get the LORs done early so that they have them before the deadline in case they loose something.
I submitted my application online the very last day, but I didn't have any problems. Although, I was waitlisted. That was fun :rolleyes:.

I went elsewhere, but it was still in Louisiana.

Don't go overboard. I wouldn't do more than 4 professor/pharmacist LORs and one military LOR. I highly recommend that you submit your application online. I've heard of them loosing stuff before. Make sure that you get the LORs done early so that they have them before the deadline in case they loose something.
I submitted my application online the very last day, but I didn't have any problems. Although, I was waitlisted. That was fun :rolleyes:.

I went elsewhere, but it was still in Louisiana.

How does it work if I don't have all of my prerequisites down before the application deadline, do they still consider your application. I will have them done before August 1, 2009.

How does it work if I don't have all of my prerequisites down before the application deadline, do they still consider your application. I will have them done before August 1, 2009.
Try this or you can find the FAQs link.
http://www.xula.edu/pharmacy/OSA/prosepectivestudents/howtoapply.htm
"17. How many hours may an applicant be deficient during the summer prior to enrollment?

The College of Pharmacy Admissions Committee will not consider applicants with more than 10 hours of deficient work to be completed in the summer prior to anticipated enrollment."

yes, you are a doctor, contrary to what most people think. i have a real hard time coveying this to people, but not only physicians are doctors. whether you earn a PhD, MD, or DO or graduate from vet, dental, or pharmacy school you ARE a doctor and you DESERVE to be addressed as such. Trust me. I haven't even finished my first semester and I am planning on slapping that "Dr" title on everything I can.

yes, you are a doctor, contrary to what most people think. i have a real hard time coveying this to people, but not only physicians are doctors. whether you earn a PhD, MD, or DO or graduate from vet, dental, or pharmacy school you ARE a doctor and you DESERVE to be addressed as such. Trust me. I haven't even finished my first semester and I am planning on slapping that "Dr" title on everything I can.

LOL,:D I like your post a lot. :)I think the exact same way - afterall, if you dedicate 10 years of your life to getting an education you definately deserve to be called a Dr. even if you have a Pharm. D and not an M.D. degree.

I concur after all that schooling and all those student loans it would be nice to be recognized as a DOCTOR!