Quick question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RecyclingBinh

Class of 2014 hopeful!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When we enter our grades into the application for medical school, how do they calculate it? do they include +/- or just the whole letter grade? If they only include the whole letter grade, do we go by the cGPA on our school transcript or what?

Please help.

Members don't see this ad.

Do I include the course that i got from high school AP credit? on my transcript it says "S". how do i input that in?

Also i took 2 courses at a community college, does that count towards my GPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do I include the course that i got from high school AP credit? on my transcript it says "S". how do i input that in?

Also i took 2 courses at a community college, does that count towards my GPA?
With AP, you don't get credit for a grade, only for the hours of credit. You input it as AP(Advanced Placement) For grade you put PASS.

Yes, you include the CC credit. It counts toward your refigured AMCAS application GPA.

what if the school you go to counts a B+ as a 3.3 but the school where you took your summer classes counts a B+ as a 3.5. What will AAMC count it as?

what if the school you go to counts a B+ as a 3.3 but the school where you took your summer classes counts a B+ as a 3.5. What will AAMC count it as?

3.3. They calculate their own GPA. It doenst matter what your transcripts say.

A: 4.0

A-: 3.7

B+: 3.3

B: 3.0

B-: 2.7