WAMC | 3.4 GPA/516 MCAT | Institutional Action Question

Started by suraj324
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

suraj324

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am preparing to submit my primary medical school application for the upcoming cycle (targeting both MD and DO programs) and would greatly appreciate some honest feedback on my school list and overall competitiveness. I also have a critical question regarding institutional action disclosure. I have attached my personal statement and resume.

My Profile​

  • Status: Senior Undergraduate Student
  • MCAT: 516. 502 first attempt.
  • GPA: Undergrad GPA sits in the low-to-mid 3.34 range due to a significant academic setback in my final semesters.

Clinical & Research Experience​

  • Clinical Employment: Professional experience working as a Medical Scribe utilizing EHR systems.
  • Clinical Shadowing: Shadowed a spine specialist physician.
  • Research: Active undergraduate involvement in a research laboratory focused on constraint-induced movement therapy.
  • Certifications: Active Alabama Pharmacy Technician license and current American Heart Association BLS CPR/AED certification.

Non-Clinical Volunteering & Leadership​

  • Crisis Response: Extensive volunteer involvement in training and disaster response initiatives with a local Medical Reserve Corps unit.
  • Community & Leadership: Leadership roles within my university fraternity, managing recruitment, philanthropy events, and tracking extensive community service hours over a two-year period.
  • Local Internship: Completed a community-focused environmental internship with a local non-profit ("Cool Green Trees").
  • Media & Marketing: Run a successful success-themed educational/marketing social media page with over 5,000 followers and significant viewership.


The Big Question: Institutional Action Disclosure​

During my undergraduate career, I faced an academic integrity violation that resulted in an official academic suspension for one semester (Spring 2026) and a failing grade.

Here is the situation:

  1. The official suspension does not appear as a notation on my final academic transcript.
  2. The failing grades resulting from the incident do remain on my transcript and heavily impacted my final GPA.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You still have to report it.

What exactly did you do? What year are you in? My A's are more serious for juniors and seniors than they are for freshmen. And a suspension is even more serious.
I cheated on assignments in 2 different classes and they suspended since I was a repeat offender. I own up to it and regret it daily. Just wondering if there’s any chance I get in DO or MD. Also do not know if most med schools require a deans’s letter that would expose the violation. Thanks.
 
Two violations are more than just "an" academic integrity violation.

Yes, you will have to report it, and many schools will request a student conduct affiidavit after you are accepted. Read the prompts carefully. Be accurate to what the student conduct office has documented about your cases.
 
I cheated on assignments in 2 different classes and they suspended since I was a repeat offender. I own up to it and regret it daily. Just wondering if there’s any chance I get in DO or MD. Also do not know if most med schools require a deans’s letter that would expose the violation. Thanks.
You left that out in your OP.

That changes things.

In my own viewpoint and experience, my school would reject you. You may need to get some years between you and the IAs. Do something that shows honesty and trustworthiness.